License, Permits & Inspections

 Home / Departments / Health Department / License, Permits & Inspections

License, Registration and Permitting

Camps and Campgrounds License Application

Camps and Campgrounds Plan Review Application

Food Facility License Application

Food Facility Plan Review Application

Temporary Food Facility Application

Farmer's Markets Vendor Application

Institution License Application

Institution Plan Review Application

Mobile Food Facility License Application

Mobile Food Facility Plan Review Application

Mobile Home Parks License Application

Mobile Home Parks Plan Review Application

Public Bathing Places Registration

Pay Online

Fee Schedule

Food Establishment Inspections

Food Safety - PA Gov

Recall and Outbreak Information

Approved and Nationally Accredited Food Manager Programs, Inc.

Above Training/

National Registry of Food Safety Professionals

National Restaurant Association (Servsafe)

Prometrics Inc.

Always Food Safe Company, LLC


How do I obtain a Food License?

Complete a Facility Plan Review application and fee, a License application and fee and a final on-site inspection with our EHS.

How do I obtain a Public Pool Registration?

Complete a Bathing Place Registration Application and submit the fee to our office.

How do I report a public health complaint?

Please call 484-276-2100 and ask to report a public health complaint.

Am I responsible for keeping my facility in compliance with DCHD's Health Codes?

Yes. Your routine and annual inspections will monitor your compliance with the DCHD Health Codes. For a copy of our Codes, please visit here.

Does the EHS have to schedule an inspection or can they plan an unannounced inspection?

Our EHS are within the Codes to conduct an unannounced inspection. They must present their ID and purpose of inspection once they arrive on site and before conducting the inspection.

If our town or organization would like to host an event that will be serving food to the public, do I need a license to do this?

Yes. You are required to submit a Temporary Food Place Application and fee a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event. Once your application is approved, the event will be required to have an on-site inspection.

For more information and assistance, the Delaware County Health Department Wellness Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to responding to phone calls, the Wellness Line also responds to email inquiries.

Phone: (484) 276-2100 (Available 24/7)

Contact Us

  •   201 West Front Street,
         Media, PA 19063
  •   8:30AM - 4:30PM
           Monday - Friday
  •   610-891-4000

About Delaware County

Delaware County, presently consisting of over 184 square miles divided into forty-nine municipalities is the oldest settled section of Pennsylvania.

Read more