Released: October 15, 2021
Delaware County Elections has over 100 immediate short-term positions yet to be filled for the 2021 Municipal Election scheduled for November 2, 2021. We need interested Delaware County voters to step forward to help us run another successful election!
All positions are paid, short-term positions, offering hourly wages ($16 an hour or more) or flat rates (for positions that require minimal hours) that are commensurate with market rates.
Positions include machine operators, ballot processors, drivers, phone bank representatives, and general help. Please be aware that some positions have immediate openings that will run for several weeks, while other positions may be limited to a single day or event.
Experience is helpful but not required—training is paid and will be provided by Delaware County Elections staff. A general rundown of open positions includes:
(12) Drivers/Rovers. Will be stationed through the County, assisting with precinct issues.
(6) Phone Bank Representatives. Fielding and relaying calls to drivers/rovers.
(6) Ballot Processors. Bluecrest, OPEX, and Agissar system experience helpful (but not required).
(55) General Election Help. Helping manage Poll Worker pick-up and drop-off sites.
(25) Poll Workers. Inspectors and Machine Operators at several precincts on Election Day.
(90) Drop Box Closers. Responsible for locking boxes at the close of polls on Election Night.
Interested individuals do not have to be registered voters but must be residents of Delaware County. All activities are strictly non-partisan in nature, and individuals will need to refrain from wearing clothing that promotes any candidate, party, or political point-of-view. Individuals who also hold an elected or volunteer political position are not eligible to work on election activities.
If interested, please contact Patty Carfagno, Delaware County Elections Staffing Coordinator, by phone at (484) 724-1310 or by email at Carfagnop@co.delaware.pa.us. If sending an email, please briefly explain what position(s) you may be interested in, your general availability, and if you have any experience volunteering or working in a previous election (prior experience is not required). We will contact you with more instructions and next steps.